6115 SW Leland Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50321
TMC is the largest employee owned flatbed trucking company in the United States. With over 40 years in the flatbed industry, no other carrier has a stronger flatbed freight base or better reputation for delivering excellent service. If you are looking for a job as a flatbed driver … drive for the best!
Drivers for TMC have choices, like how to get paid. We offer a traditional cents-per-mile package, but we also offer you the ability to be paid based on your individual performance with our percentage pay program. This gives outstanding first year drivers the opportunity to earn up to 50 cents-per-mile. We also offer great benefits, opportunities for career advancement and dedicated routes depending on where you live. We will train any driver who has no flatbed experience if you want to drive for us and we do hire recent truck driving school graduates. We hire the best drivers and provide them with the nicest equipment on the road. TMC drivers enjoy our fleet of black and chrome, late model Peterbilt tractors.
Why choose to drive for TMC over any other truck company?
- Culture – Ask our drivers about our respect for them. We have high expectations for our drivers and we want drivers who have high expectations for us. The quality and reputations of our drivers are our best reference.
- Safety – At TMC we know that your safety and the safety of the public come first. The investment we make in buying the best equipment, maintaining it vigilantly and providing the best safety features is evidenced by our outstanding CSA score.
- Training – TMC is known for its state-of-the art, thorough training program. Our program is Department of Labor certified and Department of Veterans Affairs approved. This gives transitioning military the opportunity to draw on their education benefits for up to 18 months while in the apprenticeship phase at TMC.
- Reputation – TMC is the standard bearer for flatbed companies. A TMC driver is an individual who wants to be a member of a team that strives to be the best at everything it does. Drivers here are proud that people all over the country know us by the cleanliness and sharpness of our fleet, even if they have never interacted with a truck driver. The quality of TMC’s drivers, equipment and service keep the best customers coming back to us day after day.
Basic Requirements & Qualifications
TMC strives to hire the best of the best in the trucking industry. Your application will be evaluated to insure that you meet TMC’s standards. We are always looking for professional drivers who meet the following requirements:
- Class A CDL
- Good safety and driving record
- Stable and verifiable work history
- No more than 3 recent moving violations
- Able to perform essential functions of the job with no restrictions